Thursday, December 9, 2010

What I found in the forest...

I wanted to play with the old books I found at the topanga swap meet again and mix in some of my drawing and painting. I was planning on having this image go right after this one in my sketch book but after it took shape I think it feels better after this one. This would be the girl's log of what she discovered in the forest. Maybe it's in her sketchbook. :)  I have never really liked yellow and green but change is all around. This is one of the reasons I am glad that I didn't approach my sketchbook linearly from beginning to end. I have just been randomly jumping around the pages. I thought it would make it less intimidating to finish and more fun... and now their are interesting and unexpected juxtapositions emerging.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

so eye catching and truly lovely...I know what you mean about yellow and green as a colour mix but my mind has been well and truly changed too! :) Beautiful!

gatheringwonder said...

oh, absolutely wonderful

Unknown said...

It's beautiful. What a brilliant idea to jump around your sketchbook. I might try that approach for the second half, your right it is daunting. I really love your work..

JA said...

Love the texture of this, beautiful! :)
Thank you for your comment - it made me smile.

Unknown said...

This is lovely. Love everything in it, the girl's face, texture on the background and composition.

I never thought of using yellow and green that much too. It definitely looks great on this.

I also jump around with my sketchbook!

^-^

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...