Friday, December 10, 2010

The Things that Bring Me Back

click image to enlarge
I will be moving to a new house in the beginning of January so I have started some packing. As I was going through my art supply closet, I found an old journal and it fell open to a page where I had made a list of 12 things that bring me back to appreciating and really experiencing the beauty of life. When I read it, I found that everything I had written still applied to me today. I had also wanted to experiment with some hand-drawn type and participate in List-It Tuesdays, as I have loved list making since i was a little girl. It is amazing how a list takes all the chaos in your mind and heart and crystallizes it into something understandable and attainable. So, I started just drawing in the words from the original list in my new sketchbook and adding doodles. I still had more space so I added 12 more things. 12 from the past and 12 from right now. It was a great mediation on the things I love about life.

4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh, I like your list of things that bring you back.

Priti Lisa said...

Great list, and I love all of the styles of letter drawing!

craftydvl said...

I love journals, writing, stream of consciousness, lettering, and drawing. Hence, I love this post! And being brought back to thing and nostalgia are great. Lovely list!

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

I love the colors you use in this piece. Good luck on your move and I would love to see more of your list-I have always wanted to create like this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...