Friday, January 20, 2012

Reset Sunday Check-in: Focus and Finish

I have been playing with the practice I outlined in this week's Reset Sunday, Focus and Finish and I wanted share some of my observations and experiences so far:
  1. There is a part of me that is a cross between a very eager little kid and an impatient adult that wants to just jump right in and start working. It takes a concerted effort to take a few minutes to center, breathe, and focus before I start. Yet, when I do take that time, I feel more calm and open for the duration of the project.
  2. The same part of me that wants to start right away, also wants to jump forward to the next task just when I am getting close to finishing. It is as if a part of me is literally always 2 steps ahead of the actual me. It's all about enjoying the excitement and energy of that part of me while reining her in to stay with what is right before me, not ahead of me. 
  3. It is fun to laugh at that the absurdity of this part of me that always wants to race on to the next thing. I love "her" and yet, will not get blindly taken on her wild madcap ride. "She" can't trick me. Well, at least, most of time. ;)
  4. I love to feel my toes,  stretch and breathe deeply in my bed when I wake up. It turns resistance into pleasure.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...